Frazer Harrison/ Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Kyra Sedgwick
August 31, 2012
For seven seasons she played LAPD spitfire Brenda Leigh Johnson on TNT's popular crime drama The Closer and now appears in the new supernatural horror flick The Possession -- playing the mother of a girl who starts exhibiting bizarre behavior after her father buys her a demon-infested Dibbuk box. Here are five things you probably don't know about Kyra Sedgwick!
1. Her big movie break came in the 1989 film Born on the Fourth of July, in which she played Tom Cruise's high school sweetheart.
2. Met her actor husband Kevin Bacon while filming the 1988 TV movie Lemon Sky and the two went on to co-star in other films together, including 2004's The Woodsman.
3. Has said her favorite actresses include Diane Keaton, Anjelica Huston, Jessica Lange and Meryl Streep.
4. Has confessed to having an addiction to chocolate, telling People magazine she essentially "has to have it every day."
5. Earned a degree in theater from the University of Southern California.