Michael Tran/ Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Emily Blunt
April 27, 2012
Best known for her roles in The Devil Wears Prada, The Young Victoria and The Adjustment Bureau, this British actress is married to The Office star John Krasinski. Here are five things you may not know about Emily Blunt, whose latest flick The Five-Year Engagement (co-starring Jason Segel) is in theaters now.
1. Born February 23, 1983 in London, England -- her father was a barrister and her mother a teacher.
2. As a girl had a "horrendous" stuttering problem, but she told Teen People that one of her teachers suggested the perfect cure. "I had a wonderful teacher who suggested that I do the school play. I did, and I didn't stammer once."
3. On achieving her ultra skinny look in the film The Devil Wears Prada, she revealed at the 2007 Golden Globe Awards: "I was kind of cinched in with duct tape."
4. Her ex-boyfriend Michael Bublé wrote the hit single Everything for her and she briefly sang at the end of Me and Mrs. Jones on his Call Me Irresponsible album.
5. Was considered to replace Katie Holmes in the role of Rachel Dawes in The Dark Knight, but Maggie Gyllenhaal was eventually chosen.